The Hills of Albret
It is close to Castelmoron d’Albret, the smallest town in France, where our cellar was built in 1935 in Mesterrieux. The old village train station today serves as a barrel cellar. Our winery takes its name from the famous Jeanne d’Albret, a woman of conviction and character, Queen of Navarre and mother of King Henry IV who owned land and castles in the Entre-Deux-Mers. She made her mark on history with her tenacious defense of Protestantism and freedom of thought. Heirs of this illustrious personality, our wines are made with the same passion. A passion which drives us toward organic farming for a share of our vines.
Good trip and good tasting.